Covid 19 Update and Your Reservations
We look forward to hosting your reservation and are excited to say that the Smokies is beginning to open back up – including the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on May 9! We want to assure you that safety is our top priority, and we will do all we can to help prevent the spread of this virus across our rental properties to keep our guests and team safe!
Travel is as important to us as it is for our guests, and we want to do our part to help ensure that your plans can continue without interruption in the safest way possible for everyone involved. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow all guidelines put in place by The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition to our usual focus on clean cabins and guest safety, here’s what Cabins for YOU is doing to keep our properties in top shape:
For our guests
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces and common areas (tables, chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, desks, sinks, etc.) based on recommendations from the CDC
- Following a more rigorous laundering schedule for all bedding/washable items, handled in our dedicated laundry facility with commercial-grade equipment and chemicals
- Using disinfectant cleaning solutions following the approved products list
For our team
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces and common areas and asking team members to do the same
- Limiting close-contact interaction within our offices
- Asking anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay home
- Switching to remote (from home) work for as many employees as possible, starting 3/12
HOW WE’RE HANDLING RESERVATIONS
The COVID-19 situation is changing daily, so we will be handling reservations on a 2-week basis. We want to work with YOU to ensure your safety and an easy reservation process, so our policies will continue to be fluid for some time. We will be re-evaluating on June 1 and will keep our guests up to date as we go!
You can call us to request changes and discuss options, and we will do our best to work with you and your situation. We will work on a case-by-case basis to best serve each and every one of our guests. We’re here for YOU.
FOR A CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASE IN THE CABIN
If one of our properties has a confirmed COVID-19 guest who checks out, we will follow stringent procedures to ensure the safety and health of future guests and our team. First, we will let the cabin sit empty for 7 days. After that time, we will heat treat the cabin using a specialized machine to raise the temperature of the cabin to sanitize it. We will then sanitize the cabin using cleaning solutions that follow CDC guidelines.
FOR WORK ORDERS DURING YOUR STAY
To maintain the safety of our guests and our team, we will be following the procedures below for any work orders that must be completed at the cabin during a guest stay.
- Small replacement items such as lightbulbs, batteries, etc., will be delivered curbside (on the front porch) to maintain social distancing.
- All work orders will be completed practicing social distancing, with guests being asked to vacate the property during work. If a guest is unable to vacate the property, work orders will be completed upon checkout.
- Specialty services (HVAC, pest control, hot tubs, arcade games, roof leaks, sewage, etc.) are dependent on individual vendors and their policies and schedules at this time.
What YOU can do
We are prepared to alter our daily procedures, should the need arise, and will continue to monitor the situation and keep you up to date with any changes. As we move forward, the most effective way to stay healthy and minimize the spread of infectious disease is to follow basic best health practices. That includes the CDC’s recommendations to wash hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, use disinfectant cleaners on all high-touch surfaces, and avoid touching your face or others. We believe that this, along with our rigorous cleaning procedures, will help to ensure a safe space for you in the Smokies.
- Uncategorized (1)